August 23, 2001 03:23pm
Vivid Girls No Longer Wakeboard Virgins; "Façade" Produced In Five Languages; Chelsea In Indie Pix
Source: Vivid Entertainment Group
by: Company Press Release
(VAN NUYS, CA) -- First it was rock stars who loved hanging out with porn stars, and now it's extreme sports stars and the Vivid Girls. The X-Games dominated Philadelphia during the last two weeks of August, but Vivid owned Saturday night, August 18th. Vivid Girls Briana Banks, Dasha and Taylor Hayes hosted a huge party at Philly's waterfront club, KatManDu, and over 1,000 people showed up.
At one point, world champion wakeboarder Mike Weddington put on a show for partygoers who crowded to deck of the club to watch him perform just offshore in the Delaware River. The girls signed hundreds of autographs and gave away T-shirts and other souvenirs. Mike also taught the girls how to wakeboard and was surprised at how quickly they mastered the sport. The lessons were photographed for an upcoming issue of Wakeboarding Magazine.
In Other Vivid News:
* Vivid Interactive is set to release "Façade," a new DVD title believed to be the first ever to be produced in five languages simultaneously. You don't have to listen to all five at once, however. Viewers can choose the tongue of their choice at the start, or switch at any time between English, Spanish, Italian, German or French. Who's listening to the sound when they can watch exotic Vivid Girl Kira Kener with Inari Vachs, Vince Vouyer, Randy Spears, Erik Everhard and Bobby Vitale?
* Raylene has been doing beaucoup media interviews because of her "role" in American Pie 2" from Universal. The horny-college-boys-film stars Jason Biggs, Natasha Lyonne, Shannon Elizabeth, Chris Klein, and Tara Reid. At one point Jason's character, Jim, is pleasuring himself while being stimulated by Raylene's acting in a scene from Vivid release "Sex & The Stranger." The aftermath of his careless mistake in a choice of lubricants makes for one of the most hilarious moments in the summer cinema smash hit.
* Vivid Girl Chelsea Sinclaire just finished shooting a mainstream indie movie called "Double Time" for A.S. Productions. It will be initially released in France.
* Vivid will help launch a new Third Rail apparel collection at the MAGIC convention in Las Vegas. Raylene and Taylor Hayes will be signing autographs at the Third Rail booth from 1-4 on the 27-29. They will also be hosting the Third Rail party on August 29th at The Joint, which is Hard Rock Hotel's acclaimed live concert venue in Las Vegas. Cypress Hill and Everlast will be performing.
* Vivid DVD held a contest recently at Tower Records for the best in-store display to promote "Interactive Shock Jock" directed by Dyanna Lauren with help from the Howard Stern sidekick Gary the Retard. Fully paid luxury trips to "Camp Vivid" in Cancun have been awarded to forty people. It clearly pays extra to be a store manager and promotion maven at Tower. The contest is being extended to other chains carrying Vivid DVD products.
* When leading Internet E-tailer Empire released its most recent Adult DVD report there were five Vivid Interactive titles in the Top 10. The top-selling Vivid DVDs and their rankings are "Deep Inside Devon," 2; "Action Sports Sex #1," 5; "Deep Inside Jenna Jameson," 8; "Nylon," 9; "Action Sports Sex #11," 10. Also, Vivid Interactive lays claim to half of the top ten best selling adult DVDs at Adult DVD Empire, industry leaders in adult DVD sales. Three fully interactive Vivid Interactive titles from the Deep Inside series make the list, along with Dominoes and Ruby's All Night Diner.
Vivid Entertainment Group
(800) 423-4227 Ext. 155,
New York Press Office
212-687-1977, Ext. 3,