June 04, 2012 12:43pm
Annie Sprinkle in NYC
Source: Annie M. Sprinkle, Ph.D.
by: Company Press Release
Club 90 reunion in NY of the golden girls of porn. A must for porn fans in the NYC area. Also what Annie Sprinkle is up to.
1. June 12, Club 90 Reunion at Mosex
2. June 13, Assuming the Ecosexual Position a performative visiting artist lecture, slideshow and tell. Beth and I present the work we have been doing in ecosexuality and environmental activism and more. Mosex.
3. June 14, Assuming the Ecosexual Position a performative visiting artist lecture, slideshow & tell. Grace Exhibition Space in Brooklyn
4. June 15, Let's Get Dirty! A naked performance in a bed of dirt with several other artists. Grace Space in Brooklyn
1. Veronica Vera, Candida Royalle, Veronica Hart, Gloria Leonard and Annie Sprinkle, FF Alumns, at Museum of Sex's F*ck Art Gallery, NYC, Tuesday, June 12.
NYC’S Golden Girls of Porn: Mosex Hosts a Reunion of the World’S First Porn Star Support GROUPs Five adult film stars from the "Golden Age of Porn": Veronica Hart, Gloria Leonard, Candida Royalle, Annie Sprinkle and Veronica Vera were the original "Sex and the City" girls. Turning to one another for the support they needed to navigate their way through life after blue movies, these dynamic women created "Club 90" in 1983, forming a bond that would continue for nearly thirty years. They went on to pursue their personal goals, and in the process, blazed new trails in the fields of human sexuality, women’s empowerment, erotic expression, and free speech. Come get a taste of the good old days when NYC was America’s sex film capital, movies were shot on 35mm film, and Times Square was x-rated! And most of all, come share the laughs, the drama & the intimate stories of this controversial support group. This rare reunion promises to be candid, informative and electric!
When: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Where: Mosex's OralFix Bar, 233 5th Ave, New York, NY 10016
2. Annie Sprinkle & Beth Stephens at Museum of Sex's F*ck Art Gallery, NYC, Wednesday, June 13. 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Assuming the Ecosexual Position a performative visiting artist lecture, slideshow & tell with Annie Sprinkle & Beth Stephens.
What happens when two city girls embrace the Earth as their lover? They get real dirty! Then they marry the Earth, Sky, Sea, Rocks, Sun, and more, in a series of performance art weddings? Stephens & Sprinkle have developed "SexEcology," a new field of research which explores the places where sexology and ecology intersect. Learn 25 ways to make love with the Earth, how to find your e-spot, and why mysophilia, arboreal frottage and pollen-amory are so deeply satisfying. These ‘grrrrls gone green’ make experimental theater, visual art, video, and lead ecosex walking tours & workshops. Once you know more about the budding ecosex movement, you just might discover you are an ecosexual too.
Elizabeth Stephens is an artist, professor at UCSC, and filmmaker. Her new film, Goodbye Gauley Mountain—an Ecosexual Love Story, makes the environmental activist movement more sexy, fun and diverse. Annie Sprinkle was a prostitute and porn star for twenty years. She became a pivotal player in the sex positive feminist movement, an internationally known performance artist, and the first porn star to earn a Ph.D. Sprinkle and Stephens have been living and working together for twelve fertile years. For more about Beth & Annie’s work, www.sexecology.org
Tickets are at http://museum.museumofsex.com/ai1ec_event/assuming-the-ecosexual- position-with-annie-sprinkle-elizabeth-stephens/?instance_id=5403
3. Annie Sprinkle & Beth Stephens performance at Grace Performance Space in Brooklyn, June 14 and 15. Assuming the Ecosexual Position--an ecosexual love story. A performative visiting artist lecture, slideshow & tell with Annie Sprinkle & Beth Stephens. (See above description.) June 14.
4. Let's Get Dirty! This is in Brooklyn. We'll do a naked performance in a bed of dirt. An ecosexual cuddle, with some films, and other artists doing stuff. We have to see the space to figure it all out. Grace Exhibition Space is a hot bed of performance art. Or in our case, a dirty bed. June 15. 9:00 PM until 11:00 PM http://www.grace-exhibition-space.com/performance.php?event_id=292
Grace Exhibition Space, 840 Broadway, 2nd floor, Brooklyn, NY 11206.