June 05, 2001 05:05pm
Gold Club Associate Names Athletes
Source: Independent for AINews
by: Rick C. Limpert
(ATLANTA, GA) -- "Ziggy" Sicignano gave followers of the Gold Club/Steven Kaplan trial what they have waited months to hear. Sicignano was on the stand Monday, and continues Tuesday to tell X-rated, behind the scenes stories of the Gold Club in Atlanta, GA. Sicignano is the key prosecution witness, and has detailed the names of athletes who were granted sexual favors by Gold Club Owner, Steven Kaplan.
A summary of professional athletes mentioned follows:
* Patrick Ewing, then of the New York Knicks - One particular night in 1997 was led to a private room at the Gold Club, where "six to ten" girls waited. There were lapdances and groping sessions, all while Kaplan watched.
* Andruw Jones, Atlanta Braves centerfielder - Watched a lesbian sex show at the Hotel Nikko in Atlanta before allegedly joining in. Sicignano believed the girls involved were paid $1000 a piece.
* Indiana Pacers - Staying at the Swissotel in Atlanta, Kaplan was seen parading dancers from door to door looking for Indiana Pacers. One girl was left at Reggie Miller's door.
* John Starks, then of the New York Knicks - watched a lesbian sex show at the club and had sex with one of the women.
* Dennis Rodman - showed up with his entourage at the Gold Club, went to a private Gold Room. That evening Rodman and dancer, Jacklyn Bush had sex in Rodman's hotel room at the Ritz Carlton.
* The New York Knicks - Kaplan sent club dancers to the New York Knicks training camp in Charleston, SC. Dancers allegedly had sex in Charleston with Knicks rookies and were paid.
* Jerry Stackhouse - received sexual favors when he attended the club.
* Terrell Davis, of the Denver Broncos - received sexual favors when he attended the club.
Testimony continues on Tuesday and will resume on Wednesday, where more names will be revealed.
Rick C. Limpert