August 08, 2008 02:00pm
Sextoy.com Adds Blogs
Source: Victoria Danville Media
by: Company Press Release
(LOS ANGELES, CA) -- Early this morning, one of the biggest adult toy distributors on the Internet, www.Sextoy.com, a division of Convergence Inc., revamps into a lifestyle website on top of selling a wide variety of products. Now adult shoppers will have access to three blogs consisting of detailed product reviews, adult humor, and press releases while browsing the site.
''Our main goal with this new site is to use its original content to help us climb back to the top in search engine ranking,'' explained owner of Sextoy.com, Dave Levine aka ''Sextoy Dave.''
Since 95 percent of the company’s profits are a result of affiliates and wholesale customers, the new site is an attempt to increase the remaining 5 percent of Sextoy.com sales to even bigger profit margins. Levine explained that creating original content could potentially turn Sextoy.com into as much of a powerhouse as the rest of the company.
''In order to attract more traffic to Sextoy.com we decided to focus on unique content from three blogs,'' Levine explained.
Even though the website has a new high-end appearance, it still is user-friendly where costumers can easily find products by using the navigation bar. However, there are more significant attributes such as a user- generated section for customers to post their comments about specific products as well as a more detailed product description regarding certain items. Customers are even able to view Sextoy.com and its founder featured in the news through the press release blog.
Not only can customers post comments and reviews through the product review blog, shoppers now have access to hilarious video clips and funny pictures each day through the Sextoy.com humor blog. Levine explained that he added this feature due to the numerous emails he received from costumers regarding hilarious sex-related videos and pictures.
''There are so many funny pictures and videos related to sex toys out on the Internet,'' Levine said. ''We thought this would be a good place to aggregate all that content.''
After a 13-year history of successfully selling adult products and being the first adult affiliate program, transferring Sextoy.com into a more personalized lifestyle and entertainment site is the first step in staying on top of the web search engine game.
''We have gone from the top of the search engines to the bottom, back to the top, and down again,'' Levine said. ''Our goal is to remain at the top.''
About Dave Levine/ Sextoy Dave
Entrepreneur of one of the biggest online toy distributors, Dave Levine is a world leader in sales of adult products on the Internet. After his success with Sextoy.com, Levine moved to Southern California and became notorious for throwing lavish parties where he developed the nickname ''Sextoy Dave'' by Hollywood’s most talked about socialites. His appearance on Bravo’s hit reality show, Millionaire Matchmaker elevated his popularity and made him one of Hollywood’s newest bachelors. Today Levine continues to work from home where he utilizes his parties to develop web episodes and reality TV segments. To learn more about Levine, as well as see live interviews, visit www.SextoyDave.com
Dave Levine launched Sextoy.com, a division of Convergence Inc., (Cnv.com) at the beginning of the Internet age in 1995. After starting an online mall selling books, watches, t-shirts and more, Levine transitioned into specializing in adult toys because they had the highest traffic and profit margins. In 1996, while the rest of the industry was focused on online videos and DVD’s, Levine became a leader in sex toys by making Sextoy.com one of the first affiliate programs for adult products. After the site began offering wholesale and drop ship services, Sextoy.com turned into a dominant source in helping others distribute adult products. Today, Sextoy.com carries more than 25,000 male and female products ranging from adult movies, lingerie, vibrators, condoms and more. In the next six months the site estimates to reach over 50,000 adult products as well as become a stronger domain.